BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Is it summer yet???

Ok so I am really not a summer time person, maybe I would be if I lived somewhere where the temp stayed below 90 and had zero humidity. However, for the first time I am experiencing some serious winter-time blues.

I can think of a few reasons as to why I am having the blues.

First off, having your babies in your backyard makes a HUGE difference. You can't forget about them when your the one in charge of feeding twice a day, There is something about those big eyes, floppy ears and soft noses that just make your heart melt every time :) Oh and that sweet nicker I get every time my bestie see's me headed her way with a steamy bucket of beat pulp.... simply irresistible!!!

Second is that at the present time, which could change any day, I actually have most evenings free, and it is downright depressing that the ground is far too wet to even think about riding.

Third, the view from the kitchen sink is the arena, (insert happy sigh and pause just to relish in the moment). I am seriously about to go and get blinds for the window because every time I look out it I get so sad because all it is right now is a muddy mess.

Fourth reason for the blues is that I have a horsey roommate, and she has been torturing me with all these riding videos. I think the videos would be great if I could actually get out there and put them to practice!!! But right now all I'm doing is saying, hey I need to try that, and oh that is a great exercise for my young horse, seriously..... it's quite depressing.

So as of today I am ready for daylight savings to get here so that when I get home from work it is still light outside. I am also tired of feeding enormous amounts of beat pulp just to keep the weight on, and spending money on hay, so I think it's time for the grass to grow. And as you can tell I am so over the wet ground, I mean the snow has been pretty and all but this is Arkansas and we've already had 2 snowfalls.... what???? Snow doesn't usually come, if at all, in February. I really hope this doesn't mean that riding is out of the question for anther month.......ugh :-|

0 comments: