BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

An update... Finally

Well I guess its about time for an update... although there isn't much to tell. September is finally here:-) I am officially moved into my new house. The only thing missing is my horses:-( They are still at the parents. Long story short... there is drama between roomie and her ex, he has her trailer. The horses were supposed to be here last Fri but since I took off on a random roadtrip so I told her we should wait till Mon.... then the trailer still wasn't back. Oh the drama.... and I'm not a drama person. I really just want my horses here. Good news is that a friend of hers has a trailer we can borrow so the plan is to get them Fri:-) I'm praying hard that it happens. I'm ready to get to work!!!

Since the weather has been so awful I really haven't been riding. Dutch has given a few lessons so she is getting some mild work... by the way she is just plain ornery. I see that she needs some momma time. Good thing I plan on working her this fall too. I am really excited to see what the future holds with her. I know she is old... 24... but she still loves to go fast and jump. Hopefully if we work hard and be real careful she can take me to my first event in the spring. It would make my heart happy if she was the first one I rode in an event.

On to Romeo.... lets just say he is getting fat and out of shape. Not much time to ride with the move and the horrid heat. I have spent some time working with him on the ground which I believe is always a good thing to do. He is getting really good at ground tying. One thing I have noticed is that he has started to nip at me! Not sure where that came from. I never feed treats until after a work session and since he slightly food aggressive I make sure that treats are an occasional thing. He doesn't do it when I groom him... only while leading him.... strange.... I'm thinking about going back to the round pen with him, I think maybe he has forgotten who the boss is.

After talking with my roomie and her talking to an assortment of trainers. I have decided to forgo the September show. My only goal was to expose him to the atmosphere but roomie had a better idea. She is good friends with a trainer who is really good at working with young horses so we are thinking that next fri she will take me there for a lesson. One of her horses is there right now for a month of training and she wants to go check on him and why not let me tag along for a lesson:-) Great roomie huh?!

My roomie is pretty great... she is sooo excited that I am moving in. She has great horses.... a great talent for training.... and an awesome rider. She just lacks motivation. I am totally motivated... but not such a great rider... and I have a really young horse. So it looks like we are the perfect combo. I get us in the arena... she gets us great scores at shows!

So the plan is.....

Fri- move my horses and she wants to work with me on one of her horses JB. Next week we start working with Romeo every day.... and I get to slowly start conditioning Dutch. And then next Fri we take a lesson.

Oct we go to our first show... plan on doing into A & B. Sounds good to me!!!

0 comments: