BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Busy, busy, busy... and some pics

Wow, so life has been crazy since bringing m horses here.

First off, Romeo will not be entered in the horse show in October. As I suspected we have a long way to go. Roomie puts it like this: "You have a freakin awesome horse but he's very green and so are you. You need to start back at the beginning. You, as a rider, have a lot to learn and having such a talented, sensitive, yet very green horse can be a bad combo.

This could be very discouraging but she offered me some hope. Sure I'm not the greatest rider and I don't have the natural feel that some of you are blessed with but I have drive and determination. I am going to do this. I will train that horse and I will be a good rider.

So roomie has offered to let me ride and give me pointers on one of her horses that is schoolmaster. I'm riding Dutch to work on my riding also. Better to learn and mess up on her then on Romeo. I'm not ignoring Romeo, but focusing on ground work with him and just basic walk and some trot exercises while riding. I don't want to stop riding him but I need to be cautious because I don't want to teach him bad habits. The goal is to spend most of my riding time on the 2 horses that can improve my riding. When I get on mister I focus on him.

We will be going to the show but not entering any classes. I feel very certain that this is the wisest choice for both he and I.

Second, I love.... LOVE my new place. I still feel like I'm living in a dream. Yes, my horses are in my backyard.



And I now have a barn.....



Oh and an arena too....


And yes.... those are lights.... and yes..... they do work..... and yes I do ride.... almost every night



I do believe that I now live in horse heaven(-:

Last week riding was a little slow... a lot going on and still not completely unpacked. But I did ride last Tues. First time riding them here so nothing exciting happened just an easy, laid-back ride on both of them.

Roomie and I had a rough week so Th we decided that a trail ride was a must. So we headed down the road to military training place that has hundreds of acres open to the public (except when exercises are taking place). It's literally like 10 minutes down the road. We spent about 3 hours out on the trails and let me tell you.... all of us.... horses included are completely out of shape. Oh, and we also chose a rather hot day to be out riding. Needless to say... the next day we all woke up a bit sore. Although it was a great ride.

We rode again Saturday just to keep riding. Soreness must be worked through.... right??? Toke Sunday off and rode again last night and have plans for tonight and Th and Fri and Sat night.

Yep... we're staying busy. Since I now have 3 horses to ride I think that I can count on being sore for the next few weeks. But hey, I'll be in shape(-:

I am absolutely loving this. I can't wait to see how far we have improved in a few months.

0 comments: