BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 30, 2010

Sad news:-(

So some news today.... my current landlord won't let me get out of Aug rent. Even though my lease has been up for a month he is still wanting the full 30 day notice....sigh.... so no moving to horsey heaven yet. On a positive note it gives me plenty of time to  sort through everything and throw some things away.

On a riding note... it's been HOT and I mean really, really hot!!! So combine that with me working 11 hour days this week... yes 11 hours... it sucks. The only good part about working this much is that since I work down the street from my parents house I get to see, feed, and kiss my sweet horses noses every day:-) Although seeing them and not being able ride kinda sticks. Dutch is very okay with seeing me and not having to work. She will never admit that she actually enjoys riding. Except I think that might be a possibility when we move as she will have her very own jump course, and she LOVES to jump.

Mr. Romeo is very different... He LOVES to be ridden, groomed, talked to, starred at, anything that means he is the center of attention. He does not enjoy seeing me for a mere 10 minutes. He is actually getting kinda mad at me and no longer comes over and sticks his nose in my face when I ask for kisses (usually he begs for a kiss). It makes me sad that I can't get out there, yet all these extra hours are paying for the much-more-costly-then-expected vet bill I got earlier this week. It is also paying for new breeches, warming, and the new supplements that doc said to put Dutch on. Somethings are more important then exercising them, and I keep having to remind myself of that.

Here is the plan for the next few months. I'm posting it here so that I have it in writing and for some accountability.

August- packing and moving all my stuff, finish paying off my current hay bill to my dad (my gracious dad pays me in hay for doing yard work... I think its a great deal and that I get the better end of it). Riding is not the priority this month. Although I am still aiming for the Sept show it will be his first time out so really our goal is to just stay in the ring and make it through the day with no serious tantrums. Riding goals will continue to be focused on relaxation and to stop the bucking. I'll continue to lounge him over cavalleti's and a small jump.

September- settling in to the new place for all of us. Letting the horses adjust to new herd members, new environment, and a heavier work load. Since I'll have a roomie to ride with and she is already scheduled ride nights on T and Th with some other dressage friends training will be in full swing. I will finally have someone to critique me!!!! And I plan on having at least 1 lesson with a trainer each month throughout the winter months. There is a show in Oct that will be the 2nd for us and the last for the year. Depending on how Sept goes will determine our goals. I will def be hoping that we can take that one more serious. My desire is to only show intro in these 2 and by spring be ready for training level.

So there it is. That's the plan, I'm going to try and not be too hard on myself for not riding much this month. August is the hottest month in AR and Romeo doesn't do well in the heat and it's not good to try and fight with him at this stage in the training. Plus I MUST do a thorough job of cleaning and packing. Most of it will go into storage and I need to just get rid of a lot of it. So next week begins a long month of cleaning, packing, and moving with very little time for the horses.... a small sacrifice so that in the end I have more time to spend with them.

0 comments: